Sustainability at WPP
WPP aims to make a positive long-term contribution to society and the environment. We advise clients on sustainability issues and we take action in our business to improve our own performance.
We focus on six priority sustainability themes that are important for WPP and support our relationships with clients, employees, investors and other stakeholders. These are:
“Many of our clients have begun the process of putting sustainability at the heart of their business strategies, with major implications for their supply chains, products and services, business models and stakeholder relationships. Our companies are providing the insights, advice and communications insights that clients need to reshape their businesses to be sustainable for the long term.”
- Our client work – providing sustainability services to clients and applying high ethical standards to the way we work, including protecting consumer privacy.
- Employment – adopting leading employment practices to recruit, retain and develop our people.
- Environment - cutting our environmental impact including reducing our carbon footprint.
- Supply chain - integrating sustainability into our procurement decisions.
- Social investment – supporting charities, through pro bono work, donations and volunteering and by negotiating free media space for charity campaigns.
- Governance and management – managing sustainability risks and opportunities in our businesses.
Sir Martin Sorrell, Group Chief Executive, WPP